Self-love isn’t about always feeling good. It’s about knowing you are worthy even when you don’t feel it. There are many ways to improve your relationship with yourself such as meditation, therapy, reading self-help books, and participating in workshops. It just takes the right tools and practice to start the path to self-love and acceptance. One of the simplest ways to partake on your journey to self-love is through affirmations.
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts. They foster a positive belief in one’s self. Affirmations provide emotional support and encouragement.
How to use affirmations?
Affirmations can be used in the following ways:
- Writing down the affirmations on a mirror, notebook, or notes on your phone and repeating (about 10 times) them regularly throughout the day
- Listen and repeat affirmations from a video or audio recording (it is recommended that you listen to your own recordings for a more powerful impact) daily
- Practice saying 3 to 5 minutes at least twice a day, preferably morning and night
Self-love might seem like a luxury for most people but it’s more attainable than you think. Here is a list of self-love affirmations to aid you on your self-love journey.
25 Self-love affirmations
- Bit by bit, I am creating a life I love.
- I am loved.
- I am healing.
- I release myself from the feelings of fear, guilt, and shame towards my past, present, and future.
- I release unworthiness.
- My emotions are valid. My needs are vocalized. My feelings are understood.
- I am gentle and patient with myself.
- I know that every day will not be easy, but I am grateful for all that comes my way.
- I deserve the love I am given.
- I let go of negative feelings about myself and accept all that is good.
- I deserve all that is good and I accept it now.
- I no longer speak of the injustices of the past and instead release these thoughts.
- I am worthy of forgiveness, compassion, and support.
- I attract amazing people into my life.
- I am committed to my path, with or without others.
- I choose to release the past and look towards the good that awaits me.
- I am lovable.
- I own my power and I take up space that I deserve.
- All parts of me are acknowledged, accepted, and appreciated.
- I am enough.
- I withdraw the permission from negative thoughts, things, and people.
- I am safe, supported, and protected now.
- I deserve to be treated well by myself and others.
- I have the tools within me to get me through any situation.
- I am worthy of my love.
Remember that changing old habits and belief systems is a challenging task. It takes a lot of practice and patience to undo years of conditioning. So, incorporate affirmations in a daily routine to see the best results.